Just reading some Leonardo da Vinci, and thought I'd change my "Favorite Quotes" on Facebook...
Here are the retirees, some of which have already appeared previously on "MMC":
- "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -Will Rogers, humorist
- "We can do no great things, only small things with great love." -Mother Teresa
- "In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." -Baba Dioum, Senegalese environmentalist
- "Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life." - Dr. David M. Burns
- "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.... Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be kind, conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings -- that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide." - Buddha
- "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." -Philo of Alexandria, ancient philosopher
- "I feel the vacuum, the loneliness, the silence, the dehydration of the soul as people who desperately want to save our constitution, our country and planet still wander the street without knowing how to say hi to one another." -Sam Smith
- "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of bigger ideas, never returns to its original size." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "A book ought to be the ax to break the frozen sea within us." -Anton Chekhov
- "Being a graduate student is like becoming all of the Seven Dwarves. In the beginning you're Dopey and Bashful. In the middle, you are usually sick (Sneezy), tired (Sleepy), and irritable (Grumpy). But at the end, they call you Doc, and then you're Happy." -Ronald T. Azuma, CS Engineer
- "The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again." - George Miller
Previously retired Facebook quotes:
- "Sacred cows make the best hamburger." - Mark Twain
- "Get not your friends by bare compliments, but by giving them sensible tokens of your love." -Socrates
- "Indifference to the wonder of being is the root of all sin." -Abraham Heschel, Rabbi, Professor, Holocaust survivor
- "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
- "Either that wallpaper goes or I do." - Oscar Wilde, last words.
My results? Southern?? Apparently, not so much!
|What American accent do you have? |
Your Result: The Inland North
You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."
|What American accent do you have?|
Take More Quizzes
Oh, BTW, "sorry I haven't posted in a while..."