Great lines from the "Laugh Judgement"

"Welcome to the Laugh Judgment, a special Ship of Fools project where we are collecting and debating religious jokes sent in to us from around the world. Click here to find out why we are doing this. Each thread on this board focuses on a single joke, so pick the ones you're most interested in and dive into the debate. Do the jokes make you laugh? Or groan? Or make you angry? We want to discover more about the line between humour and offense, comedy and blasphemy, so let us know what you think!"

It's an interesting approach by this U.K. Christian group to examine our own religious and cultural sensibilities by looking at what we consider funny and/or offensive, and why... And many of the jokes which were submitted wound up being ecumenical and often poking fun in a pretty "equal opportunity" way. Trust me, however, that the top 10 winners in the offensive category truly have earned their victory (and so I can't suggest highly enough avoiding them if this could be a problem...) but if God did make humanity in His image, then He really must have one heck of a sense of humor Himself, and I think a number of these jokes are good at celebrating this! :-)

Not all the ones I thought were "mostly-harmless-but-still-funny" made it into the 10 top most humorous, so here are some of my other favorites that I don't always agree with but that I find do have pretty good punchlines! (BTW, I've perused the jokes, but haven't read through all the comments, so please be warned that I can't vouch likewise for their content!!) Enjoy!!
Categories:

No comments: