PhotoHunt: "Hanging"

I'm posting this week's submission for PhotoHunt early, since I really don't think I'll come up with anything better! (Although, if I stand corrected, I'll update this post accordingly!)

This week's theme is "Hanging." Lots of stuff hangs, of course... but nothing has spoken to me more than this broken umbrella that was hung out to dry in a surprisingly empty, small dead-end court near Venice's overly-bustling Piazza San Marco.

I transferred the pic to my iPhone and used the ColorSplash application to turn the image monochrome but leave the umbrella bright yellow. See what you think! :-)

23 comments:

stan said...

wow! BIG wow fr me for that feathery shot!

Unknown said...

very interesting!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Very clever! Like some hanging sunlight!

Anneke (Mudhooks) said...

Great photo!

Sassy Mom said...

Nice post processing.. love it!

Here's my hanging entry.

Lesley said...

very eye-catching!

gorgeous nelly said...

interesting shot. Mine is posted now too. Happy weekend.

jams o donnell said...

Wow excellent! I love what you ahve doen to the photo

Anonymous said...

wow, what a stunning shot! beautiful.

upto6only said...

just beautiful. your made the umbrella a stand out :)

Kim, USA said...

This is beautiful!!


PhotoHunt~Hanging

Mariposa said...

What a stunning shot! I love the effects and all!! Awesome.


Mariposa's PH!

Anonymous said...

This is the BEST!

The Social Frog said...

Nice shot!

Sreisaat said...

Interesting photo. I love the way you edited the picture -- the attention goes straight to the hanging umbrella :)

Happy weekend.

Sreisaat Adventures

Marites said...

cool shot and editing! nice really. happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful shot!

Carver said...

What a fantastic shot and perfect for the theme.

Julie Shaw said...

LOVE IT

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

no one came to claim the orange umbrella?

Annie said...

I love this photo - the color splash is wonderful. I like your lightning shot too.

Thanks for visiting my PhotoHunt and have a great week.

MJ said...

Ha! hA! Yes indeed we did have similiar inspirations! Thanks for visiting me. Love your hanging :)

Isolated Existence. said...

I'm very late commenting, so sorry. I love the shot! Makes the umbrella pop. Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)