Ode to the Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Those who scanned my "muses" that I once had at the bottom of my sidebar know I have a soft spot in my heart for T.S. Eliot...

I haven't listened to the (original) poem with such rapt attention for just shy of two decades, at nearly the same age that Eliot was himself when he composed this masterpiece. And now I appreciate it even more as a lovely, bittersweet ode to middle age (as, I suppose, can ironically only be written by a 22 year-old.)

Listen to the poet himself reading the "Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock". If you're in your 20s or younger, marvel at the words. If you're in your late 30s or older, marvel at the truth in the words.

And how I wish I'd half the talent to produce such a loving satire of the Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock like The Love Song Of J. Edgar Goldstein!

No comments: