My question this week to "Ask Metafilter"

A couple of weeks ago, I asked a question about "The European" newspaper, published from 1990-1999. Actually, the reason why I asked is because, in the name of fostering European understanding, they had asked readers for jokes which didn't target a specific nationality. Seems that such jokes are rare, because what they tended to get were jokes that made fun of absolutely EVERYBODY (along the lines of the famous "Heaven and Hell in Europe", for example). I've been trying to find these. Any suggestions where I might be able to find this old content of "The European" newspaper, or else any other good suggestions for similar jokes? A good one that I've been trying to remember how it all goes involves a sinking ship filled with international passengers, but which doesn't have enough lifeboats..." [more]

Categories: ,

No comments: