More video fun!!

I'd have posted this directly in my sidebar, but thought that not everybody might appreciate the favor! :-)

I loved this music video when I first saw it in Italy! As Wikipedia says,

Ex-"Take That" Robbie "Williams' next album, 'Sing When You're Winning,' was released in 2000. The album contained the controversial single 'Rock DJ,' which reached number 1 in the UK charts and was a minor hit in the United States. Some controversy surrounded the single's accompanying music video, which featured Williams in a roller disco surrounded by ravenous female fans. In the video, Williams strips nude for the fans, then (using CGI technology) he is shown stripping off' his skin, muscle tissue and organs and feeding them to the female dancers. The video ends with Williams, now nothing but a skeleton, still dancing to the music."
Yeah, it's a bit gross. But I thought it was a really funny parody of male strippers! (Not to mention a clever dramatization of those old Rolling Stones' lyrics, "If I could stick a knife in my heart/Suicide right on the stage/Would it be enough for your teenage lust?" But then again, maybe I'm still reading too much into things...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

euuuuuu, gross but in a stange way fun to watch ... anatomically correct of course.

dee