Simpson-tastic!

I know that "The Simpsons" are not long for this world anymore... But it's been both the longest-running animated series on television and also the longest-running sitcom ever!

Not to mention that this little cartoon has had some of the best writing in television history. While teaching, I once said, "Yeah, I think there was a Simpsons' episode about this..." and a student replied, "There's been a Simpsons' episode on everything!"

Seeing the Simpsons go to Italy this season was a really guilty pleasure! Sample quote...

Homer: "Why can't you people learn to speak my language? I learned to eat your food!"

More framegrab images from the hilarious episode "The Italian Bob" here!!

What's more, there are a lot of fun Simpsons links out there... Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Simpsons is one of my favorites as well. It's not unusual to hear a reference to a line or a scene in a novel or short story that perhaps one in a thousand viewers understands.

I like to change things, especially if Bible Belt, Simpsons hating conservatives don't want them changed. With that in mind, I'll leave you with a question.

What do you think of my criticism of the Institution of Family?

Anonymous said...

Online image making is much fun for me too, my favorite is http://www.customsigngenerator.com , see the simpsons church sign...