Not to mention that this little cartoon has had some of the best writing in television history. While teaching, I once said, "Yeah, I think there was a Simpsons' episode about this..." and a student replied, "There's been a Simpsons' episode on everything!"
Seeing the Simpsons go to Italy this season was a really guilty pleasure! Sample quote...
Homer: "Why can't you people learn to speak my language? I learned to eat your food!"
More framegrab images from the hilarious episode "The Italian Bob" here!!
What's more, there are a lot of fun Simpsons links out there... Enjoy!
- Can't tell the players without a scorecard? Check out the list of hundreds of Simpsons characters here on the official Simpsons site!
- Words invented by the Simpsons, as found on Wikipedia: "Some soul with too much time on their hands has taken up the task of listing all the nonsense words invented on the Simpsons. The number of words from this list that I use on a daily basis is ASTOUNDING." (from Metafilter)
- Not quite last but not least, "the occasional scholarly reference"...Scholarship on The Simpsons!
- Almost last but not least, and hot off the presses... The Simpson-Maker! Enjoy it before they get the "cease and desist" order... To my good friends: You can save your wisecracks about the resemblance!! ;-)
- And now, really last (and maybe even least...) TheSimpsonsQuotes.com (with their "random quote generator" that I've just installed in the footer!)